Its properties make it an ideal choice for this application, as well as other high-stress applications.
Properties of 1.2344 Stainless Steel Tool Steel:
- High hardness: 1.2344 stainless steel tool steel has a high level of hardness, typically between 52-56 HRC after quenching and tempering. This high hardness makes it ideal for applications where wear resistance is essential, such as injection molds.
- Excellent wear resistance: This steel has excellent wear resistance, which ensures that the tools made from it can withstand high-stress applications for a long time. This property is particularly important for injection molds, as they must withstand repeated cycles of heating and cooling, as well as the injection of molten plastic.
- High toughness: 1.2344 stainless steel tool steel has high toughness, making it ideal for use in high-impact applications such as injection molding.
- Good machinability: This steel is easy to machine, which makes it an ideal choice for the manufacturing of complex injection molds and components.
- Corrosion resistance: 1.2344 stainless steel tool steel is resistant to corrosion and rust, ensuring that the injection molds made from it remain in good condition for a long time.
Applications of 1.2344 Stainless Steel Tool Steel:
- Injection molding: This steel is commonly used to make injection molds for the manufacturing of various plastic products such as automotive parts, medical devices, and consumer goods. The steel’s high hardness and wear resistance make it ideal for this application.
- Hot forging: 1.2344 stainless steel tool steel is also used to make hot forging dies for the manufacturing of various metal products. Its high toughness and heat resistance make it ideal for this application.
- Extrusion: This steel is used to make dies for extruding plastic, rubber, and metal products. Its high hardness and wear resistance ensure that the dies last long even under high-stress conditions.
- Die-casting: This steel is used to make dies for die-casting of aluminum, copper, and magnesium alloys. Its excellent heat resistance and wear resistance properties make it an ideal material for this application.
- Cutting tools: 1.2344 stainless steel tool steel is used to make cutting tools such as drills, taps, and milling cutters. Its high hardness and wear resistance ensure that the cutting edges remain sharp for a long time.