It is also known as AISI 420 or X40Cr14 steel and is often used in the production of injection molds, die casting tools, and blades.
- High wear resistance: Due to its high carbon content, 1.2083 stainless steel tool steel has excellent wear resistance, making it ideal for use in cutting and shaping tools.
- Corrosion resistance: This steel has good corrosion resistance due to the addition of chromium to the alloy, which helps to protect it from rust and corrosion.
- Good toughness: Despite its hardness, 1.2083 stainless steel tool steel has good toughness, allowing it to withstand impacts and shocks without cracking or breaking.
- Injection molds: 1.2083 stainless steel tool steel is commonly used in the manufacturing of injection molds, which are used to produce plastic parts for various industries such as automotive, medical, and consumer goods.
- Die casting tools: This steel is also used in the production of die casting tools, which are used to make metal parts with high accuracy and dimensional stability.
Blades: The high wear resistance and good corrosion resistance of 1.2083 stainless steel tool steel make it a popular choice for knife blades and other cutting tools. Steels are available in Forged ESR and hot rolled condition, please contact us for inquiries.