1.2379 Steel is commonly used in the manufacturing of various cutting tools, dies, and punches.
Properties of 1.2379 Steel:
- High hardness: 1.2379 steel has a high level of hardness, typically between 58-62 HRC after heat treatment. This high hardness makes it ideal for applications where wear resistance is essential, such as in the manufacturing of cutting tools.
- Good toughness: This tool steel has good toughness, making it resistant to cracking and breaking even under high-stress conditions.
- Good wear resistance: 1.2379 steel has excellent wear resistance, ensuring that the tools made from it remain sharp and effective for a long time.
- Good machinability: This tool steel is easy to machine, which makes it an ideal choice for the manufacturing of complex tools and components.
- Good dimensional stability: 1.2379 steel has good dimensional stability, which means that the tools made from it maintain their shape and size over time.
Most Common Application of 1.2379 Steel:
- Cutting tools: 1.2379 steel is commonly used to make cutting tools such as drills, taps, and milling cutters. Its high hardness, wear resistance, and toughness make it ideal for this application. Cutting tools made from 1.2379 steel can produce high-quality and precise cuts in various materials, including steel, aluminum, and plastics.
Other Applications of 1.2379 Steel:
- Cold work tooling: This tool steel is used in the manufacturing of various cold work tooling such as dies, punches, and blades. Its high hardness and wear resistance ensure that the tools last long even under high-stress conditions.
- Plastic mold tools: 1.2379 steel is also used to make plastic mold tools for the manufacturing of various plastic products such as automotive parts, medical devices, and consumer goods. Its high hardness and wear resistance make it ideal for this application.
- Wear parts: This tool steel is used in the manufacturing of various wear parts such as bearings, gears, and cams. Its excellent wear resistance ensures that the parts last long even under high-stress conditions.